Friday, January 25, 2013

I've been trying to stay busy...

In the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have been doing more crafting than I have done in the last 4 or 5 months. It feels good to be creative again. Currently I am obsessing over making a certain style of bracelet, and I ran out of the silver tubes I use to make them.

I sold one of the bracelets (Yeah!) so I decided the best way to celebrate was to spend my "earnings" on more supplies.

Two problems:

First problem was my car is parked in the scariest underground parking lot. I don't like driving into or out of that lot. Long story why it is there and not parked in the apartment building, but that is a tale for another time.  Not having a car was a problem because the fashion district here in Downtown LA is a far walk, and no one walks in LA. But I resolved myself to the fact that I would be walking, which was ok, it really is just a bit over a mile to get there.

Second problem was, it was raining.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the rain.  The reason it was a problem was that it doesn't rain often in LA, so people don't know how to drive or walk in the rain.  So my 1.2 mile walk to the fashion district to buy supplies would be an adventure, dodging skidding cars and umbrellas that seem determined to poke out my eye.

Now that I think about it, there was another small problem.  To get to the fashion district I have to walk through a neighborhood called Skid Row.  Pretty sure the name is self explanatory.  I did think about that prior to staring my walk, but I told myself it was early in the day and it was raining, so I am sure it was safe.  The "locals" should all be taking shelter from the weather.

I made it there and back, safe and sound, soaked to the bone, but otherwise, unscathed.  By the time I got home, the rain had stopped and the sun was doing its best to be seen.

I spent the rest of the day making bracelets.  Wish I had better pictures, but I didn't get outside to take any.  Today it is raining again, and it will be all weekend.  So until I get better pictures, this is what you get.


No comments:

Post a Comment