Sunday, August 2, 2020

I bought myself coffee, and the thought is making me ill

I enjoy Manhattan Special Espresso Soda.  If you have never had it, you need to have it.  It is made in my old neighborhood in Brooklyn, and I only get it when I am visiting NY.  I can't find it here in California.  So, to me it is a great treat when I am on the East Coast.

Since Covid has red lighted any travel plans I had, it has been 8 months since I've had a Manhattan Special.  I decided to go online and see if I could find any place in California that sold it. The store locator on their website was just a few fields where I put in my information and now I have to wait for them to get back to me.  
I am not a patient person, so after waiting about 36 seconds for an email reply (I know, I know. I told you I am not a patient person) I decided to see how much it would cost me to buy a case and have it shipped.  A few clicks later I had a case in my shopping cart, and almost fainted when I saw the shipping and handling was twice the cost of the product.  I immediately went to close the window without buying the case.  My darling husband told me if I did that, he would just go not he site and order it for me.  After some internal arguing, I bought the case, paid the shipping. That's when the problem started.
The problem is, I feel guilty spending all the money on myself. Stupid waste of money. Money that can be used for something more important. The thought is actually making me feel ill. 
No one is telling me I did anything wrong.  There isn't someone complaining that I spent too much money.  It is just me, feeling guilty that I did something for me.
Note to self: Get over it

No comments:

Post a Comment